Dr. Linda Burke created this video after Dr. Chaniece Wallace's death and before Dr. Susan Moore's death. Both women were my sorority sisters, although I did not personally know neither one. They both died in Indiana hospital systems, which makes you wonder about patient safety in that state. Dr. Burke dedicates this video to the memory of both women who died too soon and left an irreplaceable void.
The 6 Deadly Mistakes That Contribute To Maternal Death Regarding Pre-eclampsia:
- Confusion about the definition of preeclampsia and proper management
- Not following up on lab results in a timely manner
- Fear of delivering patients before 39 weeks
- Misdiagnosing nigh blood pressure as a response to pain
- Sending patients home inappropriately from the emergency department
- Not consulting OBGYN when postpartum patient presents with a headache and high blood pressure
Follow Dr. Linda on Facebook | Order your copy of The Smart Mother’s Guide to a Better Pregnancy: How to Minimize Risks, Avoid Complications, and Have a Healthy Baby | Dr. Linda is a board certified Ob/Gyn and an expert in the area of pre-eclampsia and high-risk pregnancies. Contact Dr. Linda about an appearance at your next event or media placement opportunities.
Copyright SmartMothersGuide.com. Duplicating this content in entirety without written permission is expressly forbidden.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE